Promising young opera singers wanting to enter the prestigious annual Bath Opera Isobel Buchanan Award have just a week to enter – the deadline is 10 October.
The award for young opera singers aged between 18 and 26 was launched by international soprano and distinguished teacher Isobel Buchanan in 2018.
Isobel is pictured (left) performing on stage and (above) with last year’s finalists and winner Scottish soprano Monica Toll (2nd from left).
The BOIBA 2019 Grand Final will be held on Thursday 7 November from 7pm at the Michael Tippett Centre, Bath Spa University.
At the final the six selected finalists will each perform a 12-minute programme before a panel of judges.
The winner will receive a first prize of £1,000 plus he/she will also be engaged to perform in a concert at Bath Spa University on 4 March 2020. There is also a runner up prize of £250.
Isobel (pictured right) will chair the panel of judges. Described as Scotland’s golden operatic talent and an international star from a young age, Isobel was impressed by the high standard of singing at the inaugural competition.
Joining Isobel on the judging panel will be:
- Morag McLaren who is a Scottish singer, director and coach.
- Dr Charles Wiffen who is Assistant Dean of Liberal Arts at Bath Spa University and former visiting professor of music at Shanghai University.
Bath Opera is working in partnership with Bath Spa University to stage this prestigious award.
HOW TO ENTER
- Download the application form
- Complete all sections and email to email@example.com
- You must include a link to a video of your chosen performance of one song or aria together with a copy of your CV and the £20 entry fee
- Closing date is midnight, 10 October 2019.
- Finalists will be advised by 24 October more details on the competition.
- You can find out more about the competition and how to apply here.